OPTO-4 Isolated NMEA to RS232 Adapter
Isolate an RS232 (PC) port to protect against ground loops...
The Actisense OPTO-4 is a bi-directional NMEA 0183 (RS422) to RS232 interface cable which provides a safe method of connecting an NMEA 0183 system to a laptop PC or any device with a standard RS232 9-pin port. The isolation protects the connected device, so any potentially hazardous voltages on the NMEA 0183 bus do not cause damage to the PC hardware, offering the user complete peace of mind.
The OPTO-4 is particularly suited to 'noisy' or commercial environments, as it provides a complete solution for system builders who require all components to be shielded. As it is port-powered (from the PC), the OPTO-4 is quick and trouble-free to install.
The unique Actisense design integrates an over-moulded case for excellent water resistance and a small footprint to ease installation into tight spaces.
- NMEA 0183 & RS232 compliant
- Full duplex (two-way) communication
- All baud rates up to 115200 Baud
- Overmoulded case with a narrow profi le for installing in small spaces
- Transient protection on the PC output line
- Opto-isolation providing 2000 volt protection on the PC input line
- Reverse voltage protection on the PC input line
- Current limited to protect against cable faults
- Port-powered; takes power from the PC port
- Fully shielded for superior noise rejection