OLAS CORE Base Station for OLAS Transmitters & MOB Alarm System
The ACR OLAS CORE is a small, portable, wireless Man Overboard (MOB) Alarm system that triggers an instant emergency alert, within 4 seconds of a MOB incident. The CORE provides coverage for vessels up to 50 ft and the OLAS EXTENDER is an available option to expand coverage for vessels up to 80 ft. With the ability to connect to a total of 15 wearable OLAS Tag and/or OLAS Float-On transmitters, the CORE creates a virtual lifeline to your crew members and acts as your boat’s base station to monitor and alert the crew should one of the transmitters go missing. The CORE can also connect with the ACR OLAS mobile app which, in the case of a MOB incident, provides easy to read directional screens with a bearing and trackback to the point where the alarm was triggered. The app also provides essential MOB position and procedure prompt screens, supporting the crew during the stress of a recovery operation.
Losing a crew member overboard is every boater’s worst nightmare. The ACR OLAS CORE gives boaters complete confidence that in the event of a MOB incident, the entire crew is alerted instantly and can take immediate recovery actions. Consisting of an easy to install base station that can be permanently mounted or used as a portable solution, the CORE communicates wirelessly with all connected OLAS transmitters at the same time. Syncing transmitters is simple with a single button push that not only syncs the transmitter(s) with the CORE but also allows users to connect transmitters to the OLAS mobile app.
The CORE is your back-up for your back-up. Let’s face it, we all overuse our smart phones, and out on the water, they can overheat, run out of battery, and simply break. The CORE ensures your MOB situation is not solely reliant on your mobile device and thereby provides an additional level of security when paired with your ACR OLAS MOB system. The CORE works using the latest wireless Bluetooth 5 technology and in the event of a MOB incident, it triggers a loud built-in alarm and emergency light, providing both audible and visual cues to alert crew of the situation.
Any OLAS transmitting devices (OLAS Tags or OLAS Float-On LED Lights) within range can be tracked by the CORE, allowing freedom for the crew to move around the deck with total confidence that an early warning system will alert them instantly of a MOB incident, so a swift recovery can be actioned.
- Connects to 15 OLAS Transmitters (OLAS Tags or OLAS Float-On LED Lights)
Connecting up to 15 OLAS transmitters allows the CORE to be used on onboard larger vessels. OLAS transmitters are not only relevant to tracking crew members, simply by attaching a transmitter to objects such as MOB flotation devices, the dog or a yacht tender, you can always be aware if something has gone missing.
- Portable / low power consumption – 5V USB
The OLAS CORE is a portable base station that is powered by a 5V USB power supply enabling it to be used on different vessels without requiring hard wiring.
- Audible and Visual Alarms
An 85db alarm will sound to indicate an ACR OLAS transmitter has gone out of range and a high-power emergency red light will illuminate, offering clear visual indication of a MOB alert, whilst also acting as a light to illuminate the area to aid with recovery at night. The CORE can also be linked up with the OLAS app so that alarms can be placed in multiple locations on the vessel.
- Integrates with the ACR OLAS Mobile App data and monitoring
- Instantly records the GPS location of the MOB alert position, guides the user back to the location with clear directional screens, and advises on the correct mayday call procedure.
- Monitors all ACR OLAS Transmitters that are being tracked and enables customized ID names for easy identification
- Monitors battery level of all connected ACR OLAS Tags
- Enables you to add/remove OLAS Tags and Float-Ons from the system
- Provides the option to manually activate/deactivate the alarm system
- Expand the OLAS CORE Coverage Area
An OLAS Extender can be used with the OLAS CORE to cover areas where the Transmitter signal may be blocked. This allows use on larger vessels up to 80ft and the ability to scale the system up as required.
The CORE clearly indicates how many OLAS transmitters are connected during the setup process.
Transmitters can be added/removed from the system either using the mobile app or through a simple integrated switching process.
ACR OLAS is a must have addition to your safety toolkit. It provides a simple and cost-effective safety solution for everyone on board including adults, children and even pets.
- ACR OLAS Free Mobile App Integration
- Ultra-Bright Red LED Visual Alarm
- 85 db Audible Alarm
- Connect up to 15 ACR OLAS Transmitters
- Waterproof (IP67)
- Utilizes the latest Bluetooth® 5.0 Technology
- Portable / Low Power Consumption – 5V USB
- Expand system coverage from 50 ft. to 80 ft. using the OLAS EXTENDER